Where is Jones River Storage?
Our facility is located at 26 Wapping Road in Kingston, MA 02364 in the rear of the Jones River Industrial Park.
What types of leases do you offer?
Our leases are from month to month. We don’t require any long-term contracts.
Is there a security deposit?
Nope - we don’t require a security deposit but we do require that all tenants keep a valid form of payment on file (ACH/Credit Card) and sign up for AutoPay.
Are there any additional fees?
Just pay your monthly bill on time, and you will not be charged fees.
Do I need insurance?
Yes, each tenant is required to carry insurance. If you don't have coverage, we offer excellent plans at a reasonable price. Have questions? Let us know and we'll walk you through the options.
Do you offer packing supplies?
Stop by the office and get all of the packing materials that you need.
- Dollies, Carts & Hand Trucks
- Moving Cartons & Boxes
- Bubble Wrap
- Plastic Wrap
- Packing Tape
- Tape Guns
- And Much More
- Call for in stock material
How do I pay my bill?
Paying your bill is easy and simple using our tenant self service portal. Make an online payment in no time and update your information, autopay methods, and even rent additional units all online.
How do I prepare my items for storage?
Efficiently packing and organizing your self-storage unit can make a world of difference when it comes to accessing your belongings and ensuring they remain in good condition. Follow these essential tips to make the most of your storage space while keeping your items safe and secure:
- Plan Ahead: Before moving items into your unit, create an inventory list and categorize your belongings. This will help you determine the right unit size and allow for easy access when needed.
- Use Quality Packing Materials: Invest in sturdy boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, and furniture covers to protect your items from dust, moisture, and potential damage.
- Disassemble and Label Furniture: Disassemble larger furniture pieces to maximize space and avoid potential damages. Label each piece for easy reassembly when needed.
- Mindful Packing: Place heavier items at the bottom and lighter ones on top. Keep frequently accessed items near the front for quick retrieval.
- Utilize Vertical Space: Make use of the unit's height by stacking boxes and items vertically. Use shelves to keep smaller items organized.
- Leave Aisles for Access: Create clear aisles within the unit to easily reach items without having to move everything around.
- Wrap and Protect Furniture: Cover mattresses, sofas, and other furniture with protective covers to shield them from dust and potential scratches.
- Avoid Using Plastic Bags: Opt for breathable materials when storing clothing or linens to prevent mold or mildew buildup.
- Secure Fragile Items: Wrap breakables individually with packing paper or bubble wrap, and clearly mark the boxes as "Fragile" to handle with care.
- Prohibit Hazardous Materials: Avoid storing flammable, combustible, or hazardous items in your storage unit, as they can pose safety risks.
- Inspect and Maintain: Regularly visit your storage unit to inspect its condition and ensure everything remains organized and in good order.